Areille - the Lioness of God

Monday, July 17, 2006

Love . . . or something like it!

True love is unconditional, blind, pure . . . blah blah blah! Yes, we have all heard this before but are you one of those people who profess this crap? Pls say yes cause I am in a mood to give you a fun reality check. No no, I didn't get up on the wrong side of the bed and nor do I have those nasty Monday blues. I am well relaxed and in a great mood really. But when people talk about idealistic love, it annoys the crap out of me. All I can think is "Dumb dumb Dumb!"

Don't get me wrong, I love love. I love falling in love. I love being in love. I love being loved and if you know me well enough, you know that I am always in love. But when people babble about purity and selflessness true love holds, it makes me want to shake them up.

Lets break it out:

Love is unconditional? Seriously, think about it. Can you stay in 'love' when the person you love rejects you? Ofcourse different people take different time spans to recuperate. But thats entirely different. That's not 'still being in love', that's how long it takes your bruised ego to heal. If love was so unconditional, why would you ever want to move on? You move on cause you are on the hunt for that person that would feed your ego and satisfy your needs. Your boyfriend only loves you, cause you care for him, and cook for him and show him your wild side. And your girlfriend loves you cause you make her feel wanted, do sweet things for her, give her surprises & take her out. When you feel that in this relationship, you are just giving and giving and not getting any(pun intended :D), you always want out.

Love is blind? Ya right. Do I even need to refute this one? Now I am not saying all of us are totally superficial and want only Pam Ands and Brad Pitt in our arms. But the fact remains that all of us do want someone we can appreciate, someone we are proud to show off. We need to reach a level of physical attraction for the relationship to run. We all have different standards and contrary to belief, I don't think the standards are directly proportional to our looks. But we are definitely not blind. We do look at looks, wealth, habits, hygeine, manners etc etc. If love was so blind, M.A.C and Lancome would be bankrupt, and I would be married to Salman Khan!

Love is pure? What does that even mean? I am going to ignore this one cause you have to agree with me on this: the dirtier the better!

Anyway, to me, love is needy, love is selfish, love is motivated to get what it wants & love is contingent and thats what keeps me in love all the time! :)

5 Comments:

  • At 7/17/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger SternMystic said…

    {Dialing}
    SternM: Hello, is that Salman Khan.
    SalmaanK: Yes, this is he (rifle shot in the background)
    SternM: There's this chick out here that's in conditional love with you, she wants some and wants you to get some too. You there....
    {Ding Dong}
    SalmanK(at my doorstep): Puff...pant....wheeeze....where...puff....is she?
    SternM: She went to Goa on vacation. Sorry! Wanna hit downtown?
    SalmanK: gwak, choke...swoon!!!

    But seriosuly, true love might be all that and there just might not be any left in this world. Besides I really do truly love myself and I can tell you quite frankly its unconditional.

     
  • At 7/17/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger zaph said…

    For simplified dmystification of all this nonsense, read the chapter on Love, in M. Scott Peck's book 'The Road Less Travelled', for more complicated deconstruction read Freud.

     
  • At 7/17/2006 10:49 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    oh yes Mr. Stern, i have to agree with you on that, self love is pure, unconditional and blind!! I swear I meant to mention that but it slipped my mind!

    And now I gotta go coz I need to run back from Goa! *hmmmmmmm*

     
  • At 7/17/2006 12:34 PM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    naevi: I am so sorry. We really need to start talking lesser. :D

    btw, I think you need to finish your first and only post first b4 talking about your next one! :p

     
  • At 7/24/2006 6:33 PM, Blogger samurai said…

    I could've loved ya, but not enough only because you mentioned Salman Khan in a good way.

    However, my true love for is really true, totally unconditional...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home