Areille - the Lioness of God

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Breakfast, workouts and more

So, this morning, I had a mug of hot soy vanilla chai for breakfast and followed it with a granola bar. For the past 2 weeks, I was consistently having a glass of home-made strawberry banana smoothie and before that it was 2 weeks of a bowl of Kellogg's Vanilla Nut crunch with cold soy milk. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So I try my best to get something in my system. But as evident, I get bored easy. I am consistent for at most 3 weeks and then I have to hunt Whole Foods or the web for something new to try.

On the other hand, my sister has been having Quakers Oats and Granola with warm Soy milk for the past 2.5 years EVERY single morning and before that it was 3 years of Raisin Bran Crunch! She loves it, she craves it and even if my mom is making the rest of us yummy idli sambar, she will opt for her granola!

This might just look like a breakfast thing, but the more I dig into this, I find that she loves routine, and I love change. There are times that I 'think' I love routine, but I don't really. Her only form of exercise during her 8 years of medical school was 3500 skips every morning. She did that every single day and did just that. I, on the other hand, tried everything . . .weights, swimming, EFX, cycling, treadmill, all in one semester.

Makes me really wonder how much this pattern affects the rest of my life.

So are you a routine lover or change craver?

8 Comments:

  • At 10/19/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Zywie said…

    My mantra is "Variety is the spice of life".

    But how long can we keep hunting for new hobbies, new things to do??
    I used to watch TV voraciously.. but now I cant stand it.

    My latest addiction is Pilates. I really hope I dont get bored of it.

    BTW did your sis really do 3500 skips per day.. or was that a typo? pls say it was a typo.. :)

     
  • At 10/19/2006 11:37 AM, Blogger Zywie said…

    BTW, I just bought a carton of "Silk low-fat Vanilla soy milk".. is there a better tasting brand u know of?

     
  • At 10/19/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    nope, not a typo! She did do 3500 skips each day when she was in INdia. If you ever meet her, you'll know it was worth every skip! ;)

    I like the Silk brand the best! Never tried the low-fat version though.

     
  • At 10/19/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger SternMystic said…

    Right you are. I am with you on this one. However, sometimes I change so often that I wonder if it is'nt some form of ADD. But on the whole I do love change. Change jobs, rental apartments, clothes, LAF, etc. There are some other things that may have been interesting, if subject to change, but its not that simple and I'm not ballsy enough to suggest it.

     
  • At 10/19/2006 12:20 PM, Blogger SternMystic said…

    p.s. I am enjoying your posts much more nowadays because I erase the fact that I know you and think of it like anyone of those innumerable stangers' blogs I read. Its devoid of assumptions and open to dissection.

     
  • At 10/19/2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Stern: Thank you! I am glad you brought about that change! ;)

     
  • At 10/19/2006 2:07 PM, Blogger woorkeri wittynathan said…

    Change, most definitely, at regular intervals. I like new cheese! :)

     
  • At 10/23/2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Happy Diwali to you too, Shebang and Thanks!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home