Areille - the Lioness of God

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

uh-huh life's like this!

When I was in my teens, I used to think life was so simple. One day I will meet a nice, handsome boy, we'll fall in love, get married and produce our 3 babies!! Sigh! Am I disappointed! Now, I find a brand new route to trek on every day.

1- There are those people that I love, but only as friends, and can't even think of anything more.
2- There are others who I love, and think of as possible marriage material, but of course this category will never love me back - life can't be that easy!
3- Then there is the third kind - the ones I think of as marriage material, but for some vague reason(x-factor, anyone?) just don't feel like marrying them. (what's that even supposed to mean???)
4 - OOh the eye candy batch - those who I love to stare at, think about when I am blue --> just pure CC(chaksu c*&^) mat'l!
5- Of course my fav types - the lust factor group. Those who I crave for, but a relationship - no way. But at the same time, I am not happy just staring at them. Even though I know they are so not good for me, I want something more . . . and at the back of my mind, I know that's just another way to complicate things further - but that doesn't stop me, does it??

Of course with each passing day, the above intertwine and I come up with new combo's. And to add to all of these, being desi doesn't help. We desis are never satisfied, and so go about mastering the art of making the complicated just a little more complicated. We add all the wonderful prerequisites of religion, caste, sub-caste, state, food, class, language, color and what not.

Which all brings me to my subject, the start of a lovely Avril number - "Complicated":

uh-huh
life's like this
uh-huh
that's the way it is
chill out
what you yellin' for
lay back
it's all been done before


*Muah* to all those who put up with me through my PMS days.

6 Comments:

  • At 10/03/2006 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *Muuuuah* back to ya! :-)

     
  • At 10/03/2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Charanya said…

    Well at least you vent your PMS frustrations via a blog...I snapped at a poor tech at work last week!! BAD ME!!

    AND PUT DOWN THAT BAG OF CHIPS!!

     
  • At 10/03/2006 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, let's put names against the categories now. Shall we? :P

    I ll take # 5!

    Muah!

     
  • At 10/03/2006 5:58 PM, Blogger woorkeri wittynathan said…

    Yes, yes. I like anonymous's idea!

     
  • At 10/04/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger SternMystic said…

    How about switching to Avril's Skater Boy which I prefer btw.

     
  • At 10/05/2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Ciara: I snapped at my cat too the other day - so much for veganism!

    Anony2 & witty: The list is too long!

    Stern: Skater Boy is a nice number but its about a girl who loses a good opportunity because she is arrogant about her looks/status etc. Since all my posts are usually something I am going through, I hope I never find the need to post on that song. But u know what, I don't think that its her fault at all! I mean, c'mon how was she supposed to know that he'll make it so big. Love isn't that blind!! It's just bad luck! Maybe I can post about this! :D

    Shebang: On days like this, I am truly convinced that God is male!!

    And yes, the restrictions of caste culture etc. did have a purpose in the past. The brahmins married only brahmins cause there were certain rules of the temple, food habits etc which couldn't be fulfilled or didn't come naturally to a Kshatriya or a Shudra. Also, the castes in the past were ways to distinguish professions. A blacksmith wud get married to a daughter of another blacksmith and they could combine businesses and help each other flourish. But what is our reasoning today? Do we not follow all this blindly? We say we want a Hindu boy, but how many of us make an effort to pray or visit the temple? Ok, Hinduism might still be prevalent, but castes and sub-castes?? I knso so many "Brahmins" who love to devour the Holy Cow at every meal and yet, they wanna marry within their sub-sub-caste! We are so used to eating Pizzas and Pasta, that even food is of such less concern. And then language? Should that really be a reason? Can't it be learned? Learning new languages will only make one smarter. So should any of these be reasons??? Now if we use them as excuses, I think it's justified. Sometimes you just can't think of anything better! :)

    And so, coming back to your comment - yes that was the original purpose, but in our blind following, we seemed to have missed the whole point.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home