Areille - the Lioness of God

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

whatever happens ...

I did my usual lunch routine at home and I was out of Seinfeld episodes to watch. So I decided to watch that which I have been putting off for so long - God Tussi Great ho! From what I saw - horrible movie .. horrible acting .. horrible everything. And why am I blogging about it then?? Well, God aka Amitabh has one dialogue which made me think and thus blog about. So here goes. Sallu bhai is complaining about why God doesn't give everyone equal luxuries ... why are some people rich, others poor, why are some people blessed with beauty and others not .. etc. etc. And God says - Jo tumhe diya hai, woh tumhare liye acha hota hai ... tumhare liye sahi hota hai. Kind of on the lines of "whatever happens happens for the best" and "Be happy with what you get" and so on.

Anyway, this reminded me of how much I love these quotes .. i love how they make me feel. Many people might find the need to fight them but I feel an air of contentment when I hear them. It brings back memories of a small poster which my Dad had given me when I was in primary school which read - "Relax! Gods in Charge." Yeah! He is in charge .. and he is thinking about me ... about all of us ... and is providing us with exactly what we need. And the only thing he expects from us is to accept it and believe that it is for the best and not question his judgement. Actually he doesn't even expect that .. but I guess it's good practice for us .. and for our sanity!

So really --- Bring out that smile, cause whatever happens, *does* happen for the best.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/26/2008 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's wishing u and ur family a joyful deepavali ....

     
  • At 10/30/2008 2:30 PM, Blogger Maddy said…

    He knows, He loves, He cares
    nothing this truth can dim,
    He gives His very best to those
    who leave the choice with Him :)

     
  • At 11/14/2008 8:29 PM, Blogger zaph said…

    God is like a 6 year old, looks at you with large loving eyes, and enjoys throwing rocks at stray dogs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home