Areille - the Lioness of God

Friday, October 17, 2008

Mah Famille!

I have been very fortunate to have spent a lot of time with family in the recent years. Even though sometimes it seems like more than necessary (;)), mostly, it's just plain rejuvenating. Can't believe sometimes these were the same siblings and parents that I grew up with, lived in the same house with for years, shared rooms and meals with. And some other times, it's tough to believe that I haven't known the newly 'added' siblings for all my life. From time to time it does strike me, that we take a lot for granted ... these precious moments with each other, their existence, their presence, their love. There are so many who aren't as lucky as me, but its so easy to forget that when we engulf ourselves with petty issues .. like I wanted Chinese food, but we had to eat Italian coz sis wanted to! It's really amazing how ridiculous the fights can sometimes be ... almost like .. we have really nothing to fight about but still want to fight.

I hope I constantly remember to take the time out and the steps back .. to be thankful for all that I have and to treasure it always. Missing my family ... always!

2 Comments:

  • At 10/21/2008 9:57 AM, Blogger Ankit said…

    Hey G3

    Your post took me back to the times when I used to take long afternoon naps with everyone back at home and then wake up in the evening from a very deep sleep.....and then had a big local meeting with friends trying to decide whether to play cricket or just ride bikes......well now we have to take time out for that kind of stuff......but there was a time when we were surrounded by that time and thought what future had for us....Who knew that future had busy life, plastic cards, cars, cellphones, appliances and just no quality time with family......

    Well I still believe that when we look towards the past we get this feeling that .......ohhh that was nice ....I guess we have to just remember it everyday that today I may not be happy about something......but one day these memories are gonna make me smile.........

    right???

     
  • At 10/22/2008 8:58 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Hey Ankit! yup .. those memories do make us smile .. and i am sure these will too! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home