Areille - the Lioness of God

Monday, July 31, 2006

Annual Performance Review: 01 Aug '05-'06

Another day . . .another year of my life over. My time to look back and ask myself:

- Have I lived this year to the fullest?
- What have I accomplished?
- What mistakes have I made?
- Have I rectified them?
- And what are my plans for the coming year?

On the eve of my 2005 birthday, I had introduced a few changes in my life and I guess my aim of Aug'05-'06 was to live those changes. Below is a summary of the things which mattered to me that I managed to do:

- Stuck to veganism
- Raised 2 cats
- New years 2006 in Goa(lot of accomplishments there, which I don't think I should really elaborate) ;)
- Took a 3-week vacation to India with my sis and didn't fight even once (actually I am lying, we fought the day before I left but I think that was because we were subconsciously already missing each other!) =)
- Met and hugged Salman Khan in front of 1000s and 1000s of ppl!! (lifetime acheivement award on this one)
- Started running in Jan atleast 4 times a week and have stuck to it on most weeks!
- Losing weight ever since slowly and steadily. Look better and feel better!
- Ran my first 5K on March 25 - UT Fun Run
- Bought my first new car - Honda Accord 2006 ( I know, I know, but I am pure desi and can' t help it)
- Went white water rafting on the Ocoee river w/ my siblings in March
- Had a reunion gala with my undergrad buddies at Purdue.
- Attempted saving a little more, spending a little less (not really accomplished my goal but mid-way there) --> much better than I was last year!
- Trip to Tirupathi and walking up the hills (this is a yearly one)
- Made lots of good friends, lost a few, forced myself to lose a few . . . ;)
- 4 trips to Atlanta in a span of 3 months! (not really something I wanted, but loved every minute of it)
- moved apartments (now thats just lame, and yes, I am running out of things) :)

Anyways, the bottom line is, I laughed a lot, partied a lot, cried a little and had a great year.

For the coming year, the 2 things I hope to do is run more & pray more. I think everything else will find its place. :)

7 Comments:

  • At 7/31/2006 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reviews look good...interested in meeting me?

     
  • At 7/31/2006 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice Post. Most people would be dying to live your life :)
    I think the best part of the post is its positive energy. It's great that you are happy about the year gone and more importantly, looking forward to the year to come.. Wish you a early Happy Birthday, and wish you many more happy, party-full (yes, that's a word) years :)

     
  • At 7/31/2006 2:11 PM, Blogger SternMystic said…

    raising cats, praying...omg, I think I need to stop interacting with you lest some of it runbs on me!!!

     
  • At 7/31/2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Vinod said…

    Party on :)

     
  • At 7/31/2006 6:25 PM, Blogger Charanya said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY AREILLE...

    RUN AREILLE RUN!! :)

     
  • At 8/01/2006 9:39 AM, Blogger woorkeri wittynathan said…

    Yes, your review looks great! We are happy to provide a 1.263% increase in your allotted blog visits and Orkut scraps. Rejoice!

    On a slightly serious note, you have prompted me to think about what I have accomplished in the last 12 months.(Because, it's all about me baby!) Counter post beckons...! :)

     
  • At 8/03/2006 9:01 AM, Blogger samurai said…

    :) Great performance, actually. I'd love to have such a great personal review. Keep it up G3.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home