Areille - the Lioness of God

Friday, November 17, 2006

DD

Somewhere last week I thought I was suffering from a mild case of insomnia. I averaged around 5 hours of sleep for 10 days and was fresh throughout the day - full of energy, ready to party! And then arrived the cure - 6 hours of defensive driving!!! man! That stuff is potent. Apart from all the horrible jokes cracked, I think I did learn a few things which I hope to keep in mind.

They showed some horrifying true stories caused by drunken drivers and it was just sad. Got me thinking - is it worth the risk?? It isn't a cummulative thing, it just needs one bad moment!! Very very scary stuff. I really hope I keep my word on this, I don't want to drive intoxicated anymore.

Also an educative bit was 2 beers or an ounce of pure alcohol takes your body one hour to digest. So if I stick to 2 drinks for the evening and wait it out, I should be in an okay condition to drive. Still not the best of the situations but better than all the risks I have taken.

Did you also know that studies have proven that driving while using a cell phone is as distracting as having blood alcohol level of 0.08%? Yikes. Now that's something I do every single day several times a day!

Bad habits die hard, but need to die, and die they must, if I want to live!!

8 Comments:

  • At 11/19/2006 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dont drink and drive. Its not the drinking that causes accidents but the driving :D

     
  • At 11/29/2006 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, when is your next post coming up? The anticipation is havings its effect on me. I just got a ticket and now have to take the defensive driver's course. I will be watching out for the graphic illustrations you kindly pointed out. Looks like my life is following your blog. Hopefully your next entry will be about a free trip to Hawaii or something ;)

     
  • At 11/30/2006 7:44 PM, Blogger Brazen Blog said…

    Gayathri. Me wanna date you. PLeeeaaaseeeeeeee :-))

     
  • At 11/30/2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Brazen Blog said…

    moi email is brazen.blog [at] gmail.com

     
  • At 12/01/2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Brazen, who u??? If u wanna date me, I gotta know who u r, right?

     
  • At 12/01/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    ZYSP: sooon!! Your comment makes me feel awesome though, always good to know someone likes mah writin'! :D

    Too bad on the ticket, but maybe this will make u feel better: I had taken my def. driving 3 hrs on Wed and 3 on Thursday. After getting done with half of it, I was driving back to work on Thursday, after my lunch and guess what? I get another ticket!!! How pathetic is that? A ticket mid way my def. driving course!!! Anyways, that's what initiated this blog. Been driving on the limit ever since and really hope to stick to it.

     
  • At 2/07/2007 1:11 AM, Blogger Chinmayi said…

    Dude Ga...you wouldn't even drink when you were here in California! And now I read that you've driven while intoxicated?? Shocking and disappointing!!!

     
  • At 2/07/2007 2:47 PM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Chinnnyyyyy, ya I had a pretty wild 2006 ... if you read my resolutions post you would notice that I am off alcohol again for 2007!!! So back to sober me! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home