Areille - the Lioness of God

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A follow up . ..

Another interesting thing I heard which follows up well on my previous post! On Sopranos, this Russian lady who has only one leg, enthusiastically learns some new computer language. Tony Soprano is amazed with her zest for life and questions her about it. She replies, "In America, people have money, luxuries, all the conveniences, and still they are forever searching for happiness. They sit on their big leather couches and have to talk to shrinks about how depressing their lives are. From where I come, people are just plain happy & grateful when bad things don't happen to them!"

I found that pretty inspiring. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11/16/2006 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I was Tony I'd be more interested in finding out how she lost her leg :).. Maybe that is why I am not on The Sopranos' writers list.
    The other thing to note is Tony's vulnerability and state of mind at that point in the story. That is what reinforces her argument, in addition to the background score. Imagine if someone uttered the same dialogue in Mad Max or sth!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home