Areille - the Lioness of God

Monday, January 14, 2008

Shoes

One of my many resolutions of 2008 is to learn to differentiate between what I 'need' and what I 'want' and to try and buy only that which I need. Sounds pretty simple, huh? I read it in some magazine that it will help me from doing the unnecessary spending and facilitate saving more. 15 days are up and how did I do? Well I realized that the only way I could keep it up is by just staying away from the malls. That wasn't too tough to do esp. since I OD'ed on shopping in December.

But, this morning, I opened my shoe closet and even though I saw piles of shoes right in front of me ... I realized I 'needed' not 'wanted' another pair. How did I manage that? I am wearing jeans and they are a little taller than my legs ... so I 'need' to wear heels. And it's cold, so it 'needs' to be close toed. And since it's work I am going to, it 'needs' to be comfortable too. And out of all the gazillion pairs I own, nothing fits this bill! Does this justify a shoe buy? :) Anyone wants to place any bets on how long my resolutions last? :P

4 Comments:

  • At 1/14/2008 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it makes you feel any better, my new year's resolution is to focus on previous years resolutions. The whole new year resolution department is understaffed and that's the way it is.

     
  • At 1/15/2008 8:25 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    I know what you mean! I don't think my resolutions change much from year to year! My bro in law recently saw some video from 1999 new years where I still had 70% of the resolutions I made this year - eating right, losing weight, working out blah blah!!

     
  • At 1/15/2008 12:26 PM, Blogger Charanya said…

    I think you need to move far far away from BC mall!!! :) Living a stone's throw away is just too darn convenient...I love the mall but don't go out of sheer laziness since they are all so far away from where I live!!! :)

     
  • At 1/29/2008 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You go girl!....Am in the same boat as you on this one! But like someone said, the first step toward changing something is to REALIZE you need to change!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home