Areille - the Lioness of God

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Casa!

Casa De Luz! It's one of Austin's vegan macrobiotic restaurants. They use no salt, no sugar, minimal spices, minimal oil, I know .. doesn't it sound pretty bad? I thought it was too when I first went there - Aug of 2005. Luckily, I got a chance to revisit it when a friend of mine decided to take me there for dinner a few months back. I don't know if it's all the running, the vegan lifestyle or what ... but after that time, I just kept going back there. All the food served there is completely organic and whole grain. They use only vegetables which are in season and locally grown. They have a different menu for every meal. They are kind of pricey at twelve bucks per meal but to me it's totally worth it. Their meal generally includes, a salad, soup, pickle, whole grain, lentils, cooked veggies, and hibiscus tea. They keep tamari and ground up sesame seeds instead of the usual salt and pepper on the tables. They have special meals on Sundays and some other days of the month. I don't think I have ever been there when it isn't packed with people. Huge banner in their kitchen reads - "Nature is our Meal Planner". I fully believe that this food is so nutritious, that when my body lacks something, I crave it. It's not a place I expect everyone to enjoy, but it's definitely a place everyone's body will relish! For more info, visit: http://www.casadeluz.org/

3 Comments:

  • At 9/03/2007 9:09 PM, Blogger mrokkam said…

    hey... sounds like a nice place :-D. I like hearing about new places to eat at. I shall definitely hit it up sometime. Thank You!

     
  • At 9/07/2007 11:00 AM, Blogger Maddy said…

    Areille,

    Nothing inspires me as much as your posts do. Have read almost all of 'em. And being in the US for just about one month now, being away from home, I need a LOT of that. Thanks for being SO positive and SO inspiring :)

    btw, found your blog randomly online. got lucky! :D

     
  • At 11/09/2007 12:00 PM, Blogger Sheeba said…

    Heidi has some wonderful Vegan and Veggie recipies. Check em out:-

    http://www.101cookbooks.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home