Areille - the Lioness of God

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Why are you still single?

To all the single people out there, has anyone ever asked you why you are still single? Well I got asked that recently and for once was pretty tongue-tied. Not sure of what to say ... I fumbled, made a few random nonsensical excuses and got myself out of it. But it definitely got me wondering ... why am I Single?

I look decent, have a good heart, don't think I expect to be with a Salman Khan lookalike or someone as rich as Bill Gates. All I am looking for is someone I click with, someone I am physically attracted to, someone I can talk to for hours and hours and not feel pressured or stressed, someone who gives me my space just like I would like to give him his. Am I asking for too much? Isn't this pretty much what everyone wants. Do I have some outlandish needs? I don't think so. Then why am I being penalised for being single?? Stop blaming me people .... I am an average girl with average needs. The more important question is can you handle me? ;-)

7 Comments:

  • At 3/13/2007 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought you weren't single yet available, or is it single and not available? I'm confused!

     
  • At 3/13/2007 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the last line ends up answering the entire blurb?

     
  • At 3/14/2007 7:13 AM, Blogger Ramya Shankar said…

    Well, I'd say you aren't answerable to anyone but yourself !
    BTW, I bloghopped here, nice page !

     
  • At 3/21/2007 1:38 PM, Blogger BlackThorn said…

    regarding the Qstn at the end, can i use my 50-50 lifeline? :P

     
  • At 3/21/2007 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always answer that question honestly, "I don't know!"

     
  • At 4/06/2007 11:32 AM, Blogger Ramchand Easwar said…

    I used to say, " Being single is easier,cos no one is gonna try to make me be good "

    But thats lame, I know :D

     
  • At 1/29/2008 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahahaahhaha! Sooo familiar!

    Is the question "Can you handle me?" or is it really "Can I handle a relationship and everything that comes with it?" And that includes adjusting to someone whose ideas my not be exactly the same as yours, someone who will expect you to understand like they do, someone you will have to take the time to get to know,& go beyond what you find "physically attractive" to what is actually "physically & mentally compatible."

    Average person with average needs? Maybe? But are you looking for an average Jo? Really?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home