Areille - the Lioness of God

Monday, December 11, 2006

Sopranos is inspiring!!

So I watched another episode of Sopranos the other day where the family just attended Junior Jackie's funeral. Junior Jackie was just 23 and had just broken off with Meadow Sopranos a few months before his death. Meadow was talking to her Mom about how she wished she could see him alive once again and then she said, I remember you once told me -

"We must maximise the good times we have with the ones we love."

Wow, what an amazing line. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. Kind of goes along the same funda of -Kal ho na ho! ENjoy today, enjoy now ... live the moment ... stop waiting for things to happen ... there is so much happening right here right now.

I peeped into my own pattern and this is what I found, before I go on a vacation like say to India, that's all I can think of - how good India will be and how much fun the shopping will be. Then I reach India, and shopping on the streets of Mumbai, now we all know that's no fun. So I miss the Bartoncreek mall airconditioning and I am sick of all the diarrhea. So I wait for the vacation to end so that I can go back to my luxurious Austin lifestyle. I am back and I start looking forward to a trip at my sisters in Atlanta. I reach Atlanta and I miss my friends and the party scene and call everyone in Austin a million times to see what they have been upto!!!

I thought to myself - Why am I like this?? And after speaking on this topic to a few, I think I can safely say that many of us are like this!! We are always looking forward to something else, but forget all that there is to enjoy now.

Soak in the good times we have today cause if we can't do it today, we can never any other day!

7 Comments:

  • At 12/12/2006 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    R'oh ro. Looks liks Witty's propaganda is spreading in cyberspace too. Kal ho na ho?! Please! Yahaan, darna mana hai, kyonki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi.

     
  • At 12/12/2006 8:28 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    oh yaaa, i did manage to make a post similar to witty's earlier one, huh? Subconscious influence, I guess! :)

     
  • At 12/29/2006 9:53 AM, Blogger samurai said…

    :) Now you understand why I didnt want to come visit A-town this holidays. I dont go visit an old place until I settle down at my new one. Thats my rule :))

    Nice post.

     
  • At 12/29/2006 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so no new posts lately? is it that you are busy with vacation time? ;-)

     
  • At 2/15/2007 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just came across your blog on random surfing.....you need a break...make yourself productive rather than wasting time blogging.

     
  • At 2/15/2007 9:12 PM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    You need some guts ... pretty cowardly of you to leave such a comment anonymously!

     
  • At 11/11/2008 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's what I have to say about your blog on this (not that you asked, but I am giving you my opinion anyways). It's how you DECIDE you want your life & time to be..if you look forward to something and decide you will enjoy that day/place/experience, you most probably will.... I love India -- going and shopping among the gazillions of people, haggling with the shopkeepers (often in the heat)for a better price, hunting down "real deal's." I just feel so invigorated with the people and energy there..and sometimes Austin compares badly next to it...life here can be slow & really laid back....

    And who cares about diarrhea, I love the junk food there anyway....hey maybe that's why we always lose weight on our vacation to Indua even if we eat loads of fried/junk food..must be the diarrhea!!! ;)

    Same for any other place I visit-- I must love traveling I lately realized, 'cos I am ready to go anyplace in with half an hour's notice & love researching the places in the visiting city I can check out love walking around in a new place & exploring....& of course checking out the party scene there..the Austin party scene ain't going nowhere yet...;))

    They'll all wait with bated breath for you to come back, girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home