Areille - the Lioness of God

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Morning Battle!

I usually go to the gym after work, but there are days or sometimes weeks when other activities just overload your evenings and your gym session always seems to be the first to be off the list. So, at the beginning of this year, I thought, making a morning habit of it would really help free up my evenings, and also make it less hard to miss. But OH My God!!! Everyday for the past ONE MONTH, I have been setting my alarm for 6am. Every-single-morning, my stupid annoying phone buzzes at 6am and every-single-morning, I change it to 7am. You think after a week of doing this, I would learn and do something different, like maybe sleep early or even give up the hope of getting up. Well, I have done the sleeping early. There were 2 or 3 days I slept at 10p!!! And no matter how much sleep I got ... my eyes refused to open before 7! In fact, the days when I slept early, I got up even later and was terribly drowsy all morning! I guess the only good thing is I still have hope. And I have decided to give this a new approach ... and thus I post! Maybe if I announce it to the world, my body and mind will be more eager to change, to show myself to be different, to be motivated. I mean I have tried everything else. Never know ... this might help - psychologically or something. So, tomorrow, I am hoping you guys hear about my Salutation to the Dawn!

11 Comments:

  • At 2/05/2008 12:10 PM, Blogger Charanya said…

    Looks like it's time I put on my "nagging mom" hat??? :D

     
  • At 2/05/2008 1:10 PM, Blogger sandhya said…

    glad I m not the only one feeling this way off late!

    was cribbing to Miya about the very same situation just today!

    btw, nice blog entries!

     
  • At 2/05/2008 4:22 PM, Blogger Ankit said…

    You are being too hard on yourself. I must say that you have so many new year resolutions that it looks like that some small company has been acquired by big giant company and the new management has made a lot of new year resolutions.

    Just dream about going to gym....and try doing it in the morning and that's your workout right there.....:) so easy....

     
  • At 2/06/2008 5:47 AM, Blogger Charanya said…

    And..............?

     
  • At 2/06/2008 8:01 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    I did it!!! It wasn't the most perfect gym session ... but atleast I got up!!! So I am glad! GOing to keep trying till this becomes a habit. Wish me luck!

    And Ankit, LOL!! If I get my workout by dreaming about going to the gym, I might gain weight my smelling those cookies too!! So I need to be careful there!! :P

    Thanks Sandhya! :)

     
  • At 2/06/2008 1:23 PM, Blogger Maddy said…

    Areille!

    I have the exact same problem. lol. I feel like I can't do without snoozing. Its so hard to get up in the morning and hit the gym. I try EVERYday. Every single day! And I'm amazed at how I NEVER manage to wake up when the alarm rings. I think I should write a blog too. Hopefully it'll help my case like it helped yours :))

     
  • At 2/06/2008 1:27 PM, Blogger Maddy said…

    and good luck Areille! :)

     
  • At 2/08/2008 8:47 PM, Blogger Ankit said…

    That gaining weight by smelling cookies is pretty scary. What happens if you smell something really bad?

     
  • At 2/11/2008 2:23 PM, Blogger Sheeba said…

    Whats worked for me in the past is getting a gym buddy, not someone you know VERY well though. Schedule a time to meet, maybe carpool to the gym? Excuses, hopefully will be hard to come by. (The embarrassment ...)

     
  • At 2/27/2008 3:06 AM, Blogger mrokkam said…

    If you wake up and still feel drowsy all day, it's coz you woke up in between your sleep cycle. time your alarm to wake you up when you are in stage 1 sleep and you will wake up wide awake and fresh even with 3-4 hours of sleep (for a short period of time at least :-D )
    It does take a bit of experimentation to figure out your sleep stages.. but hey... the benefits are great. I can wake up after 1hr, 3.5 hrs, 5 hrs, 6.5 hrs etc and be wiiide awake :-D

     
  • At 2/27/2008 7:26 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    mrokkam: very interesting. But how do I figure that out?? No matter what time I put my alarm, my body seems to want to sleep more. This would be a life saver!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home