Areille - the Lioness of God

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wedding vs. Sanity!

Today, I have one month left for the wedding. No reason for not blogging .. but somehow I have become one of those .. too many thoughts .. but too busy to pen! Ugh!

Anyway .. here is a thought I have been having lately. I have heard about crazy whacko brides .. I have seen a few in person too .. and all I want is me not to be one of them. How does one remain calm & pleasant under such pressure? Do they have to call it THE most imp. day of your life? Frankly, I feel the days following the wedding day .. are all THE most important days ouf our lives .. but that's another blog altogether .. esp. since I will have authority to write about post-wedding behavior only after the 27th of nov. :) Back to the crazy brides .. I've been thinking about how not to freak out when my pallu doesn't match my toe ring (exaggerating of course) .. and when the makeup lady is late .. or doesn't finish up on time. When we miss the muhurat .. or someone spills something on me ... how does the Bride get trained to stay calm? How how how?

The path I have decided to choose is one my Dad advocates - Positive Visualization! I have seen it work several times ... and so .. from today .. it's only happy positive thoughts. Only the best will happen .. and people will always say the kindest things .. and everything will go as planned .. and I will stay calm and glowing through out .. and if something goes wrong .. so what .. no big deal. People including me will discuss about it for a day or two .. and then it will all be forgotten in the million other life events we have. No pressure .. no stress.

** Hope it works! :-) **

7 Comments:

  • At 10/28/2009 5:53 PM, Blogger Sheeba said…

    You'll be fine. Just remember to have fun! It IS a special day, and yeah the whole once-in-a-lifetime idea as well- no pressure though! :D

    But seriously, just remember to have fun and take it all in!

     
  • At 10/31/2009 6:50 PM, Blogger Reema - Amit said…

    Think of it as a big party and it wont be as stressful. At the end of the day the dress, venue, makeup, hairstyle wont matter. Its the person sitting next to you that matters. As long both of you enjoy the festivities it will be all worth it and memorable. Just remember to smile for the pictures (not that it should be a problem considering you are always smiling). Just go with the flow G3 and wish you two all the best!

     
  • At 11/10/2009 11:31 AM, Blogger Charanya said…

    So this is some of what happened at my wedding last mth:

    - Some of the blouses I left in India in July to get stitched were stitched incorrectly...they were way too tight...and I had to get them fixed…and compete with all the Diwali crowd!!

    - My MIL forgot to bring my Mehendi outfit to the Mehendi venue :p

    - My makeup lady WAS late

    - Vish's family's bus got verrry lost and they were super late coming into Chennai

    - My FIL spilt alcohol all over my Lehenga

    etc etc..

    But somehow through it all, I ended up just being amused by everything rather than get upset..I don't know...maybe it's cos I'm not the type who has been dreaming about my wedding day since I was 3...or maybe I've become old..haha..but in any case, Vish and I had both planned to have fun...and that's what we did...it might not be the most impt day of your life...but it's still YOUR day (and P2’s a little :p)...so take things easy...and most importantly...enjoy yourself...laugh a lot and cherish each experience!

    You're going to have such an amazing time! Can't wait to hear all the stories!!

     
  • At 11/10/2009 11:56 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Thanks guys!!

    Cha - everything in your wedding looked so perfect from where I am sitting .. so glad to know that even though things go wrong, at the end you remember only the things which went right .. and have great happy memories!!

    Yay! I am excited!! And will ask P2 to constantly remind me to have fun! :-)

     
  • At 12/02/2009 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, did it work?

     
  • At 2/09/2010 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
    to the article there is even now a question as you did in the downgrade publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=beetle ju 3 (2008) ?
    I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

     
  • At 2/20/2010 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home