Areille - the Lioness of God

Friday, May 21, 2010

Six Months?

It's been ages since I have blogged. I guess I couldn't fight the 'married' and 'busy' stereotype. It's not that I have been so busy .. it's just that when you get married, 5 million other things seems to always be a priority. It's not just your priorities you have to deal with .. you have this whole other person's schedule to accomodate. Definitely is an 'interesting' experience. And let's not forget, the whole new set of parents & relatives we have both got - which means, more phone time, more family visits and more weddings to attend. Good Excuse? :-)

In one week, we are going to be celebrating 6 months of being married. Wow! Six whole months!! Can't believe it. And yet in some weird way, I seem to have forgotten what life was before P. It's like he was always there.

So .. 6 months .. how did it go? and how do I feel? I guess when I said that it felt like he was always there, I indirectly stated how easy the whole process has been. How, for years, I wished and hoped for a man who would give me my space, who would love my family & my cats (however crazy they are) as much as I do, who would pamper me and yet not over do it, who I could travel the world with, someone who would just feel 'right'. I seriously have to pinch myself at times ... cause I can't believe I found him ... it's not that I was wishing for something out of the ordinary, but the search and the process was so often disheartening, that it almost felt impossible. I had many concerns with marriage, one of them being 'space'. I love my space, I think that comes with living for 10 years by yourself. It makes you grow, be independent, but can often also inculcate a brat in you! :D. Yes! I have my brattish moments, but he tolerates it and even enjoys it at times. What more could I have asked for ?

As you can see, all that priority BS and marriage busy blah blah excuses I gave earlier has played havoc with the way I collect my thoughts too .. this post has no real story to tell and is just my blabbing. But I felt the need to do this. Should help me get back on the track of regularly blogging.

Anyway, consider this my mini-word vommit of my feelings after nearly 6 months of marital bliss. I am thankful to you, O Lord. You have been kind.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/02/2010 2:33 PM, Anonymous radhe said…

    GBD,
    Good comeback !! Your effort to re-ignite blogging is itself commendable..plus nice to know that you are living your dream, enjoying married life to the fullest :)

    Keep it up.
    (and keep blogging too)

     
  • At 6/03/2010 1:38 AM, Blogger Maddy said…

    Lovely post G3! I'm so happy for you :) And yes, please keep blogging.. your fans really do miss you when you're away for long!

     
  • At 6/03/2010 1:34 PM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Thanks you guys! I feel special .. really! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home