Areille - the Lioness of God

Friday, June 18, 2010

*Five*

Exactly 5 years back, I made the decision to go vegan! I had given it several attempts before that but failed for my love of yoghurt and paneer and cheese was too much to overcome. But all of a sudden, 5 years back, it came to me, that it was time.

I do believe that this awakening comes to all ... whatever their goal is .. whatever motivates them. Sometimes no matter how much you attempt and try, you just aren't able to acheive. Doesn't mean you should stop trying and wait for the awakening .. for I believe it's the repeated attempts that brings the awakening.

5 years and a lot of debates later, I can say, I am really proud to be a vegan .. to have chosen this path. No, please don't think of me as being boastful or arrogant. I in no way feel superior to anyone out there. I just feel accomplished. I am sure others find several other outlets to do their good deeds. This was mine. I love animals, I have watched way too many factory farming videos, I have read way too much about dairy farming, I can't bear to support it, and thus became vegan. It's not easy, I've had my weak moments, but it's worth it and that's what keeps me going. And in the process i have realized that everyone needs this 'thing'. Everyone needs that one 'driving force', the one thing they are passionate about .. the one thing that they would do anything for. It helps you grow, it keeps you learning, and it teaches you to become a better person.

What's your thing?

3 Comments:

  • At 6/21/2010 9:15 AM, Blogger Charanya said…

    Yay!! You're blogging again! Was fun to catch up your posts! Congratulations on 5 years of veganism!! :)

     
  • At 7/13/2010 10:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My thing: Unbelievably passionate about nature & wildlife, and utter fascination towards all animals, which led me to giving up non-veg food (i still have eggs & milk tho) for almost 10 yrs now. I quite enjoyed its taste then, but giving it up was not hard at all, surprisingly!

    And I feel exactly the same as u do - just 'accomplished', not any righter or gooder, if i may...
    Also a feeling that i owe it to dear nature, in the least possible way. Hopefully there's a lot waiting to be done on my part - to feel "truly accomplished" :) Can't help sharing my greatest inspiration here - Dr.Jane Goodall, the ever-greatest ambassador of hope for the natural world..

    Great post!!

     
  • At 7/13/2010 11:46 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Thanks and congrats! That is definitely a great accomplishment. As I have said before, for people who were non-vegetarians to begin with, the jump to the green side is MUCH more praise worthy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home