Areille - the Lioness of God

Friday, July 16, 2010

My 11 days of motherhood!

My sister and Brother-in-law were brave enough to trust me and P to take care of their precious twin boys for 11 whole days, 9 of which they were out touring Switzerland and Italy. Of course my Mom being with us was a crucial part of it cause in this area I am (or should I say was) a total novice. :-)

First thing that comes to mind when I look back on this experience - Parenthood is TOUGH! It really made me appreciate all those parents, single moms, moms with one child, multiple children .. all of them & above all my own parents. This isn't an easy task! I thought my sister was prepping me too much, when she asked me 3 times a day for 3 whole weeks if I was "ready for them"!! Oh, how irritated I was. But seriously, I don't think she knew, how much ever she thought she prepped me, and how ready I thought I was, you just can never be ready till you are smack in the middle of it! This isn't something that can be taught or demonstrated, it's all about the 'experience'!

Ok, I think I am making this sound like I was very tortured. Lol! I really wasn't. In fact I LOVED every minute of it and missed them terribly the second they left! And I guess that's the whole charm of babies and what they call the joys of motherhood. After all those sleepless nights, the tantrums and screams, the mess, one gorgeous smile your way, just makes your heart melt. Makes you forget everything and truly makes all your efforts feel worth it.

Here's an interesting thought that hit me as I observed them - They depend on us for everything, we are their source of food, hygeine, entertainment, sleep, everything, and yet, funnily, they own us!

Here are some of my Memorable moments with J n K

1. Morning smiles: They seem to be in the BEST of moods at 7AM! Wonder at what age that changes and why! But they actually motivated me to be up early .. which is an achievement.
2. Them swaying from side to side when we sing "I love you .. you love me" and head banging when we sing other peppy numbers! Makes me laugh just thinking of it.
3. Pool time: Kishnoo is such a water baby! Loved the splashing and just being in the water. Jaiyoo a bit more delicate would splash .. then get out of the water and then want to come back in. ADORABLE!
4. Head Bump time with Jaiyoo: It's tough to explain .. it's just so darn cute.
5. Kishnoo's aaahaaahaahaa: This one is also ridiculously tough to explain but here goes. Kishnoo loves plucking flowers and my mom has now trained him to not pluck them but say "aaahaahaahaa" indicating "oh they are so pretty". Its HILARIOUS to hear him say that! I would take him near my flower pots just to hear that.
6. Animals: I don't know how and when this came about .. but they are ecstatic when they see any animals. I showed them my cats, neighbors dogs, chickens, goats, peacocks what not .. and they just have this weird animal call voice which comes out. It's sooo amusing to see their excitement.
7. Eat: How they ask for everything you are eating. They just want to eat anything and everything you put in your mouth, even if they have *just* had a full fledged meal! Amazing.
8. Bath time: I gave them ALL their baths and I loved each of them. That's the time I felt like a true mom. There is something just so soothing and beautiful about bath time. Oh and the smell of baby products and their baby skin. Soft like butter!!
9. Talk - I LOVED it when they said Mamoma or Mumma or their fav. CAR!! They just sound SOOOO cute! It's a delight to hear their voices, one so different from the other, yet both so melodious!
10. Barneeeyyyy: Oh how we loved Barney and memorized each of Mother Goose's rhymes! Our few minutes of peace! Have to mention Barney!

All in all, i can't wait to see them next and I can definitely wait to have my own! :D

10 Comments:

  • At 7/16/2010 2:24 PM, Blogger Charanya said…

    You mean you CAN'T wait to have your own???? :) I would love to be Aunt Cha to a local baby! *Hint* *Hint*

    I LOVE their "CAR" and "BOWOW" talk...show them a plane, it's a "CAR", show them a cat, it's a "BOWOW"...SO adorable!!!!! :) Thanks for letting me spend all that time with them!! :)

     
  • At 7/16/2010 2:25 PM, Blogger Charanya said…

    And this is SO TRUE!!!!
    "They depend on us for everything, we are their source of food, hygeine, entertainment, sleep, everything, and yet, funnily, they own us!"

     
  • At 7/20/2010 11:23 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    they LOVED their time with Cha aunty toooo! :D I swear .. they told me .. in their sleep .. coz Jaiyoo sleep talks!! LOL! :D

     
  • At 7/20/2010 12:08 PM, Blogger Priyank said…

    Looks like their fake crying, timeouts and pulling each other's hair didn't make it to your memorable moments :)

     
  • At 7/20/2010 7:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You guys rock! This is such a sweet blog...so many things we always experienced but never read or heard from an 'outsider'.
    Cha, stop signing up random people for baby sitting. One of the reasons we're considering an Austin move is coz u promised to baby sit our boys 'often' ;-)

     
  • At 7/27/2010 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    #6 when u mention "they are ecstatic when they see any animals", had to share this video..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFwmUllLcR4

    And chickens, goats, PEACOCKS.. woww!! cool neighbors u got! Its such an amazing bond when kids interact with pets at an early age, and one that can hardly be substituted with anything else.

    Am kinda curious to know if ur cats were allowed to roam freely near J n K, or strictly out of the room..

    #5 aaahaaahaahaa one just spells too much fun.
    Enjoyed reading ur memorable moments. Lucky u, to say the least!
    Well, don't know who's luckier - u for having J n K in ur life or them for having U around.. :)

     
  • At 7/27/2010 9:08 AM, Blogger Mommy G said…

    Aww that's sweet Abhijit! Yes my cats were allowed to roam freely around them .. but they would prefer hiding under the table or behind the sofa or be on the cat tree .. because these kiddos would chase them and shriek with excitement the minute they saw them move. That didn't go too well with the cats. One of my cats did go on the defense once and smacked Krish's hands. So we were always kind of aware of where the cats and kids were .. but no restrictions. I do agree .. every kid should have pet interactions early on. I think it's a great thing!! :)

     
  • At 7/28/2010 8:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Got u! Ideal setting then - ur cats and J n K sharing the excitement, interacting and having fun, with u around to intervene if at all..

    Too much excitement for one of ur cats and quick learning for Krish :D Quite bold of them to chase the cats - hehe, which is a good thing! In short, J n K owned the cats too.. ;)

    Wow - all in all, must have been thoroughly entertaining.. Cool u shared! :)

     
  • At 8/29/2010 10:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Since u mentioned ur cats, maybe u know 'Maru', the Scottish Fold cat in Japan, who has become an international youtube sensation. In case not, here's some fun videos:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPzNl6NKAG0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdhLQCYQ-nQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofrSio_jZO0

    Enjoy..

     
  • At 2/10/2011 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So many people don't care about global warming. They disregard the need for conservation and instead drive SUVs. They don't care about the Federal deficit/debt (outside of partisanship) and they don't care earning $400k for an $80,000/year job will eventually bankrupt the country. They have awarded themselves $400k pay and retirement packages, loading up their friends on the payroll during the boom 90s through the real estate bust while all services which the program were intended to fund now get cut to pay for it.
    These people are often common public university labor. Not Ivy League, not private university.
    This labor isn't good enough to earn the salaries they are earning. And they understood this when they applied to the public university they settled on.
    You can't expect a top-tier salary with a second-rate education.
    They think they are going sometime during/at the end of this life, and disregard the poor souls who are left behind.
    Sounds like the Italians who were used to plan World War II and the Holocaust, and not by accident.
    These are the people who will be here in the United States when bankruptcy is declared and society deteriorates into chaos. And they will deserve the anarchy which ensues.

    The gods used the Italians to ruin life in the 20th century.
    The gods used the Italians to ruin life in A.D. with The Church.
    The Church controlled Western Civilization. As the largest land owner in Europe they controlled the monarchies. They were responsbile for slavery, revenge for African invasion and rape of Italy. They created religious discontent, ultimately leading to the disfavored dumping ground known as the United States.
    And each generation of these Italians were sold on "earning", only to be reincarnated as a lesser life form subsequently, punishment for their evil.
    "The West Bank, where the end of the world will begin." With xtianity.

    The gods are the commensurate rapist pathology, focussed on control.
    It is appropriate they picked the Italians for the downfall of man. The perception offered is exactly how the gods are. Unfortunate for the Italians, they were deliberately altered to match this pathology so the god's behavior could be justified in the context of the god's positioning.

    I may not have learned as much as I have but I WOULD have gotten more done and made more progress, and at the end of this life that's all that matters. We will all be reincarnated and must re-learn about the gods and their methodology in each sucessive life.
    The upside down star is my symbol. There is of course no Satan. That's just the gods with different clothes on.
    You're all in big, big trouble. Everyone who failed to ascend before 1900 is. But the importance of this Situation is to ensure people learn the god's system while they have enough time to fix their relationship and ascend before The End.
    Don't forget:::Ascending into "heaven" is not the same as entering clone hosting. One is good while the other is evil. The clue is their request to work multiple clone hosts to "earn", for if you were welcome into heaven you would be invited directly. My example of someone who ascended is John Muir. His "fake" went on to accomplish BUT NOT IN A DISCIPLINE WHICH HURT PEOPLE OR PROVIDED FOR SOME TEMPTATION. What happens after speaks volumes.
    You're on the clock. This is where the cream rises to the top.

    If just then I am The Damned and this shouldn't have happened to me. If unjust the gods are immoral and a total waste of time. For all of us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home